Better performance, getting inside houses


I've fixed bugs that resulted in weird things with gravity and meteorites. I've also seemingly fixed many other small bugs simply by cleaning up code.

I started working on the interiors of houses. I don't know exactly how I want it to look, so it's just some lights with random cupboards and tables for now. Most work was done behind the scenes, for generating the interiors, and saving and displaying them.

Most of all, I increased performance. Meteorites and stardust are now simply reset to an off-screen position (instead of being killed and revived all the time). All the background-objects (such as stars) are saved as one object in the cache. (I didn't know this was possible, but it's a HUGE difference. I went from about 800 drawing calls each frame, to only 30.)

Files

AllTheStars.zip 227 kB
16 days ago

Leave a comment

Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.