All the Stars in the Universe
NOTE: This game was a week-long experiment on generating random planet systems in 2D from dynamically generated pixel art. The good news: it worked! The bad news: once the experiment was done, I realised there wasn't much of a game here. As such, development has stopped, unless I find a way to turn the system into a good game.
All the Stars in the Universe is a small game about a star thief. He receives messages from his friend asking him to complete quests for her, because she's, unfortunately, tied up at the moment. These random quests take place in a randomly generated universe of planets.
In the meantime, the police is on his heels (because, well, he is a thief), and his spaceship + weapon have been destroyed. During the game, you'll have to retrieve parts and restore your wealth and status. Eventually, you need to get back to your friend.
The whole world, even the player and its animations, consists of pixel art that is generated on the fly. It creates varied and colourful environments, but I have to see if performance holds up.
NOTE: The first time it loads, there might be nothing happening (even after 10-15 seconds) because of connection timeout. Wait a few seconds, reload and it should work.
WHEN ON A PLANET:
- Left/Right arrow keys to walk around
- Up arrow key to jump off the planet
- Down arrow key to interact with an object (if you're close by, and it can be interacted with)
WHEN IN SPACE:
- Arrow keys to help steer the player (to a certain extent)
- "MOUSE CLICK": Shoot bullet(s) towards the mouse
- "A": Open/Close the menu
- "S": Save the game. (No feedback as to whether it was succesful or anything yet.)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.